Canon IJ Scan Utility
Canon has developed the Canon IJ Scan Utility software for easy scanning of documents or photos in just one click. The software is included in the driver package and gets automatically installed while installing the printer driver. The use of this software saves enormous time and reduces the effort required. It saves the scanned data automatically in the preset folder, thereby eliminating the need for searching through the computer for the scanned file and saving it. The scanned images can also be integrated with other applications. You can extract text from the scanned images or attach the scanned data to emails. You can scan your documents using the platen with favorite settings saved beforehand. The frequently used settings can be saved as favorite and easily applied to the scanned image. The utility also enables scanning of multiples items in a single time. Two images scanned at the same time from the platen can be saved separately.
Scan Utility Mac
The Canon IJ Scan Utility need not be downloaded separately as it is included in the MP driver package. So when you install the MP driver for your printer, the software gets installed. If the utility fails to install, you can download the software from the manufacturer’s site. Refer to the steps below to download and install the software.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and click Support.
- Select the Software option and choose the Canon Software Utility option.
- Download the software.
- Find the .PKG file on your Mac OS and double-click to install it.
- Click Finder and open the Go menu.
- Choose the Applications option and then give a double-click on the Canon Utilities folder.
- Now open the Scan Utility folder and then double-click the IJ Scan Utility2 icon. This will start IJ start Canon utility.
- Now mount a document on the platen.
- Go to the Settings menu on the Canon IJ Scan Utility mac screen and modify the settings as per your requirement. Mention the folder in which you want to save the scanned files in the Settings menu.
- Select Document if you have loaded a document, or choose Photo if you have placed a photo. The document or photo will be scanned, and the scanned data will be sent to the specified folder.
Canon IJ Scan Utility Mac High Sierra
The Mac High Sierra OS supports the Scan Utility software. Refer to the instructions given below for installing the Scan Utility and running it.
- If you have already installed the MP driver, check if the Scan Utility is installed. If the Utility is not installed, go to the manufacturer’s site and enter your printer model.
- Go to the Software section and choose IJ Scan Utility.
- Locate the downloaded file with (.pkg extension) and double-click it.
- Now mount the file on the Disk image. Reach us to know more about Canon IJ scan utility Mac High Sierra.
- Now give a double-click on the Mounted Image.Look for the packaged file in the folder that opens, and click the file twice to start the installation.
Canon IJ Scan Utility Mac Mojave
Check if the installed MP printer driver includes the IJ Scan Utility lite. If the software is not available, you can go to the manufacturer’s site and download the software.
- Go to the Supports section and provide your printer model.
- Select Software and choose Canon IJ Utility lite.
- Open the Applications folder and double-click the Canon Utilities.
- Open the Scan Utility folder and select Scan Utility 2 icon to start the Scan Utility. Get in touch with our experts to know more about Canon IJ Scan Utility Mac Mojave.
Canon IJ Scan Utility For Windows
Installing the IJ Scan Utility software
- Open the manufacturer site and enter the printer model.
- Select the correct version of your OS from the drop-down menu against the Operating systems option.
- Click Software and then select Canon IJ Scan Utility. Click the Download tab against the software.
- If your computer runs on the Windows OS, the file will be saved with the .exe extension.
- Double-click the file to start the installation.
Launching the IJ Scan Utility:
- Windows 10: Go to All Apps and find the Utility.
- Windows 8:Search for Scan Utility using the Search Charm.
- Windows 7/XP/Vista: Click the Start menu, select All Programs, and locate the Canon Utilities option. Select Canon IJ Scan Utility and open it.