Canon IJ Network Tool
Use the IJ Network Tool to display and change the Canon Printer network settings. The Canon IJ Network Tool is installed when the Canon Ink Jet printer is set up.
Steps to download IJ Network Tool:
- Be ready with an access point or a LAN cable to connect your Canon machine over LAN.
- Do not print from your Canon printer when the IJ Network Tool is running.
- Do not operate IJ Network Tool while printing.
- Disable the firewall function or any security software installed on your computer.
- If the firewall or security software is currently active, allow the Canon software to access the network connection.
- Canon IJ Network Tool does not support fast user switching on Windows XP computer, exit the IJ Network Tool only during switching the users.
Canon IJ Network Tool Download
- Browse the Canon support website and type your Canon printer model name in the search space.
- Tap the Go icon that is next to the search space.
- View the Printer model on the screen.
- Locate and tap the Drivers & Download tab.
- Choose your computer operating system from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Software tab. Get in touch with our experts to know more about Canon IJ Network Tool downloading process.
- Find the drivers that support your printer model and computer operating system display.
- Select IJ Network tool from the list of search results.
Canon IJ Network Tool Mac Download
How to download IJ Network Tool to your Mac computer
- Make sure that you are connected to the network (SSID).
- Browse the manufacturer’s website and search your printer model.
- Scroll down and choose your computer’s operating system.
- Find the IJ Network Tool listed under the Software tab.
- Tap the download option for the Canon IJ Network Tool Mac downloading process.
- Open the downloaded IJ Network tool and install it on your Mac.
How to configure Network Connection Using IJ Network Tool
- Run the IJ Network Tool.
- Select the Setup option from the drop-down list that is at the upper left of the screen when the Network Tool finishes searching.
- If the Setup Preparation dialog box appears, tap OK to continue.
- Choose the Canon printer model name. The connection type will be listed as Canon USB.
- Click OK on the setup screen.
- Tap the Yes option when the Confirm Connection Access Point dialog box appears.
- Click the Next or OK option in the Setup Completion window.
- Choose the printer name and tap Add.
- Tap the More Printers option and find your printer if your printer is not listed.
Canon IJ Network Tool Update Download
- Connect your computer and Canon printer to the network connection.
- Search Windows Update on the Start button.
- Click on Check for updates in the Windows Update window.
- Windows will search for available updates and show the results.
- Click on install updates or optional updates link to update the IJ Network Tool directly from the computer.
- Else, go to the manufacturer’s site and search for updates on your printer model.
- If you found a new driver version, download it on your computer.
- Tap the I Agree option on the terms and conditions window and complete the other installation steps to install the updated driver. Reach us too know more about Canon IJ Network Tool update downloading process.
Canon IJ Network Tool A Port Is Not Installed
If any of the following issues occur on your printer, then uninstall the MP Drivers and re-install it.
- When you switched over from a Wireless LAN connection.
- While facing wireless network configuration issues.
- Replaced your current printer with a new printer.
Steps to uninstall the IJ Network Tool
- Find the uninstaller file to uninstall the network tool.
- To uninstall the MP Drivers: Start -> All Programs -> Your model name -> MP Drivers Uninstaller.
- To uninstall the IJ Network tool: Choose the Start menu -> All Programs Canon IJ Network Utilities -> Canon IJ Network Tool Uninstaller.
- Run the uninstaller file to uninstall the Network IJ tool.
If Uninstaller file not found,
- Open the control panel and see the list of printers under the Hardware and Sound option.
- Right click on your Canon printer and delete the printer.
- Delete the printer driver that is installed along with the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable connected with the computer and printer.
Re-install IJ Network Tool
- Establish a wireless network connection and then connect the computer to the network.
- Search in the manufacturer’s site and download the updated MP drivers for your printer model.
- Install the updated MP drivers and connect the USB cable only if prompted during the driver installation.
- Use the Canon IJ Network Tool to configure and connect the printer to the wireless network connection.